Friday, December 12, 2014

First ripped slacks!

 My first ripped slacks that tore while wrestling one of my zone leaders. Note to self: Don't wrestle in slacks, or at all because I'm a missionary and should not participate in contact-related sports. I figured out how to sew fairly well because of a couple other incidents so hopefully I'll be able to fix it.

 It is very hard for me to not be able to be there for you all to help our family in every way I could. However, I'm in the Lord's hands now, and tomorrow I fly out to Benin where I will begin the proselyting and serving portion of my mission.

 This scripture in Mosiah 2:41 describes three things: The Doctrine that God is our Heavenly Father, the Invitation to keep His commandments faithfully to the end and to remember that "these things are true", and the Promised Blessings that follow by doing so, which include "blessings in all things, both temporal and spiritual" and "they may dwell with God in a state of never ending happiness."

 I'll invite you all to read on your own Alma 50:20-23. These scriptures really pertain to the scripture in Mosiah. I also think that this scripture can really relate to us in our time of hardships. However, despite all that we have to suffer through, I know that as we do as these scriptures direct and remain faithful to the end that everything will be okay. In fact, more than "okay" because we'll be blessed in All things. The Lord is aware of us and will deliver us from our sorrows and pains. All we need to do is continue to rely on the Atonement and place these burdens on Him who suffered alongside us.
Indeed, we are blessed!

I love you all so very much,
Sincerely,
Elder Gonzales


No comments:

Post a Comment