Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tout ira bien: Everything will be okay!


Allo ma famille!
Ah vraiment, je suis très heureux de vous écrire!
 
 I'm actually going to be staying here in Adidogomé this upcoming transfer, which will take place either tomorrow or Wednesday.
  I'm going to be a Junior companion again.
 Oh, and guess what? Our friend Borris was baptized last Saturday and ordained a member yesterday! :D We still have a long ways to go with him, but I'm still here so I'll make sure that he is well taken care of.

  Thank you so much for all those really awesome quotes! I'm actually really glad you sent them to me because I can't begin to tell you just how difficult this work has been these past few days.
  Well, before I get into the details, my new companion came in a few days ago. His name is Elder Jeneseri and he's African-American. He was born in a country called Tanzia and moved to the U.S. when he was twelve as a refugee. I haven't quite yet heard the story due to how busy he and I have been, but he said it had to do with the church. And so before he came to the mission, he was living over in Holiday, Utah.
  So, as for the details: My companion has been working in Bénin for the past 9 months and now he has arrived into my secteur, which means that I have to show him everything and catch him up to speed. For the most part, I've showed him to all the members and most of our recent converts and the location of which they live. As for investigators, we're still working on that.
  In any case, since he doesn't know the area or the people, I've had to do all of the planning everyday thus far since his arrival. I tell you what, it's a lot harder filling up about 8-10 hours each day with things to do than I thought and it's pretty rough when plans fall through. On top of all that, my companion and I are taking on a whole new secteur that I've been to only three times to visit a family with the district for a mangez-vous (eating appointment).
  ça va aller, everything will be okay. We just need to keep ourselves cool and just do the very best that we can for now until we're able to get things figured out. This last Sunday was so great because we spoke with a lot of members who offered to show us to all the houses of the investigators and the recent converts in this new secteur. Oh, thank goodness for amazing ward members. That, and we spoke with our recent converts and set a specific day during the week when we can pass by, and we plan to do that with everyone else of whom we teach as well. Doing that would make everything so much easier to handle because I won't have to scramble to make appointments with people when the appointment is already set for us.
  I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do this week, but I'm just going to have to put a whole lot of faith and trust in the Lord that my companion and I can have success in our efforts.
  This has been going fairly hard for me this past week, but it'll get better in the weeks to come as we get everything settled down and figured out. But hey, since I've been forced to speak French more than I have ever before due to having to speak with everyone and schedule just about everything, I'm becoming more and more capable of communicating with people. That, and my testimony and my capacity to preach to these people have increased immensely these last couple weeks which is the most important thing.
  Well, I'm obviously here for a reason and the Lord has allowed me to go through this crazy situation to really help me progress and really rely on Him.
  Other than all that, I've been doing fine and everything else has been going alright. My faith at times has been really tried, but I'm still going strong and still hanging in there. But don't you worry, I still have a strong testimony and I'm still striving with all my heart, might, mind and strength to be of good cheer and to do the very best that I can.
  Well mom, thank you so much for all these really wonderful quotes. They really helped me out and reinforced my desire to keep moving forward and to keep work, work, working (which I haven't stopped doing and will never ever stop doing while I'm on this mission).
  I'm super glad that Dad's health is going strong and that everything is still going well chez-lui. I know that Dad will be okay and that he'll continue to grow stronger and healthier as time goes on. Well, I'm so happy to hear that everything and everyone are still going fine. I'm afraid I'm out of time so I'll need to be heading out of here!

I love you all so much and it was so great hearing from you all!!!!
Avec Amour,
Elder Gonzales

 P.S. -- Thus far, with Elder Dioulo, he and I have had the pleasure of taking part of 6 baptisms while we've been here. Hopefully, I'll be able to send you the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment